The bachelor life with religiousism

Bachelor life as always seen is footloose and fancy-free. Getting the kick out of something is the real motto behind every bachelor. Leading a life of entertainments and enjoying the companionship of fellow comrades fetches the thirst and burst out of you. Often I used to wonder that bachelors (of course spinsters also) are the most happiest of persons in this world. I was a day-scholar in my school and college days and so I was deprived of such brotherly companionship and liberty. Though I have a younger brother, the age difference (7 years) laid definite gap between us thereby adding to my dreams of bachelor life.

Now I am into a job about 3000 Km away from my hometown and into that "happiest" (!) bachelor life. Bachelor life adores companionship to maintain the size of wallets and care. But the headcount really matters most of the time. Getting adjusted with diverse personalities all the time is the ultimate thing which no one can even imagine but happens for real in bachelor life. My father often used to advise me about flexibility in lifestyle. As I also had dreams of bachelor life I also got prepared with give-ups and renouncements. But as I was supposed to walk through the gates some gentleman advised me of picking someone of same religion as a companion but the intellect and the secularist in me refused to do so. I thought that it should happen just like that and I should not have choices for a human based on his religion. Rightly so I got a bunch of companions (four of them) three are hindus and an odd one. Majorities rule minorities, the general propaganda of Indians fail only amidst friends that too bachelors who are unfettered. We are very co-operative and the degree of understanding grew as days passed.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. We believed we were free from those discriminations which most of the Indians are suffering of. But when I bought the new Thiruvasakam CD by Ilaiyaraja and started playing it back to back nights things started to scatter. I was more keen on the music rendered and he was keen on the spirituality and concepts. Though it is said that Thiruvasakathirkku urugar oru vasagathirukkum urugar, he doesn't seem to be influenced or not even communicated by the music. He turned into a new fan of Kolangal and Selvi to disturb me and I transferred to a MJ listening songs to their maximum decibel.

It is as easy to dream a book as it is hard to write one, isn't it? I never thought that my bachelor life would be a potter's field for my liberty and decorum that I have enjoyed and maintained for years. Now I realise some of my ideologies regarding the bachelor life are impolitic. Having brought up in a remote town of South India and as a member of an orthodox hindu family I certainly have followed some of the rituals till date which I have to follow in my childhood days. He on the other side is having his own and so finally we are into the divorce.

The same untidy environment which we thought is very healthy in bachelor life is now turning out to be the channel for quarrels. Its hurting to be in favoritism and secernism but it happens just like that. The inner insticts vindicates the rituals and practices followed during childhood days. I now retrospect the term "ainthil valayathathu aimbathil valayuma'. Even though it is educated its hard to unbend a tail of dog unless it transforms itself to an Indian tail than remaining that of a Hindu tail or Christian tail .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Strength Training Myths Debunked - By Jenna McCarthy

The top list