The fever is on

I am fond of football and Italy is my favorite team. I remember the days when I watched Salvatore Schillaci and  Roberto Baggio. Baggio was my favourite italian player in my school days. And he is my favourite till date. I remember my class twelfth supplementary reader book covered with the sportstar wrapper featuring Baggio. I watched the penalty shootout which he missed in 1994. I loved his Goatee a lot. Those were my early football days. I used to collect the cards given with bubble gums. And we used to trade for getting cards of the famous players. Diego Maradona card was one of the rarest!! We loved him really.


This year I am betting on the following players.


Lionel Messi - for his left footed tackling.
Steven Gerrard - cho chweet... so cute..
Fabio Cannavaro - for his water tight defense.
Fernando Torres - for his speed
Gianluigi Buffon - Goal keeper! He keeps them all his way!!
David Villa - if it is a striker then he will be my man. (Somehow he gets my attention with the name 'David Villa' resembling thalaivar's 'David Billa')
Thierry Henry - His experience should count at some stage of the tournament.


Missing...
Ballack, Zlatan, Luca Toni and Oliver Kahn...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Strength Training Myths Debunked - By Jenna McCarthy

The top list